Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pandas!!!! in Chengdu







We got in Chengdu about 10:30 this morning. We first went to have an early lunch, there was a wedding ceremony going at the restaurant while we are there. Very common at nice restaurants on the weekends. After that we went straight to the Panda Breeding Center. They have about 50 pandas there and we were able to see them upclose in the nursery at two weeks old, 2 months old and 4 months old. We weren’t allowed to take pictures in the nursery. Peiton was able to hold (sit next to) a 1 ½ year old and she was very excited. They wouldn’t let me in the room, but took my camera and took several pictures for us. Tonight we are going to walk down to Pizza Hut. We have been craving that for a week.

Jim

The panda center was a big place, we did lots of walking. I had to wear medical scrubs to protect the pandas from germs. We went to the lake and fed fish and swans. We watched a movie on pandas. Then I got to sit by a panda. The panda was soft. He was eating an apple. I wasn’t scared, but he was bigger than me. It was cool and I am happy I got to do it. Daddy was nervous since he couldn’t be in the room with me. I know you are going to be jealous Chas!

Peiton

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The panda doesn't even look real. I am so~ jealous that you were able to sit next to a panda as well as getting to visit the Panda Research Center. I love you and miss you! Mom


    Yes, Chas was jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peiton!!
    I decided that I would try to post a comment from home to you. The kids and I tried last week, but the internet wasn't cooperating at school. So, everything we typed didn't go through.
    It looks like you are having an AMAZING time. We really miss you a lot. School is not the same without you. I am so happy that you are having this experienc though.
    The kids and I will try to post a comment tomorrow at school. Hopefully, it will go through. Take care and look for more postings from school.
    Love-
    Mrs. Combs

    ReplyDelete